26/11/08

My USA Washburn Pilsen Idol PI70b





Washburn PI70B

USA , bought 2008

Originally had Seymour Duncans but I replaced them with the Motherbucker set(a real loud set !), the same with the Cort KX1f (the specific pickups belonged to the cheaper black Cort KX5). I also put black pot knobs (hated the plasic gold Gibson-like ones) and black 3-way switch knob.


Fantastic guitar, better than a Les Paul IMHO, which I owned for 12 years, check the last photo at the top left of this blog, wine red USA Les Paul Standard. Better upper fret access, a little lighter in weight (but still a heavy one!) and with coil splitting. I kept the coil split option but I modified the wiring of the pots, so now I have one for master volume and one for master tone. The action is very low, totally buzz-free and it took me only 15 minutes or so, to do this. The frets are huge but somehow the U shape of the neck fits perfectly in your hand and nothing feels 'big' in a wrong way. Also the fingerboard edges are rolled. It overall gives the impression of a quality custom shop guitar, without fancy ornaments. Also the neck-body joint is deep and secure. Stays in tune for ever, not to forget.


Check the photo of body and pickups













Many many thanks to ATMAN Belts for the fantastic custom-cut one-piece 8-cm-wide leather straps!!!


My home studio !

 2023-24, new pics I really like multiEfxs, you can see Digitech RP500, Zoom G5, Valeton GP200, Zoom G3Xn and a Behringer FCB1010 midi con...