26/11/08

My Washburns X50 side by side !





left: Washburn X50PRO FE

Indonesian, bought 2008 set-neck 24 frets photo

Bridge pickup: EMG 81, Neck pickup: EMG 85, as it came from factory


right: Washburn X50q

Korean, bought 2005 set-neck 24 frets photo

The pickups are changed by me.

Bridge pickup: DiMarzio Tone Zone DP155F with parallel-series switch in push-pull tone pot.

Neck pickup: DiMarzio Tone Zone DP155

Both are very sweet guitars to play, with great craftmanship and good price,both set-necks, but don't be fooled, their sound is full and heavy! I also put aluminum adhesive markers, because I am used to look at them, especially when I play in places with blinding spotlights and low light situations.

Check my posts at Washburn's forum, www.washburn.com , search for antant

February of 2011
I put the classic EMG 81/85 set on, a plaesant installation, thanks to EMG's fantastic package and preparation (I put the solder-needed model). Very good cleans and the well-known high-gain paradise! Now both myX50's have the 81/85 set. Check Youtube for the Rising from KillrBuckEye http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKRUagaWcpQ , recorded with an X50profe

Also, both of them now have the 8841 Graph Tech bridge, a nice upgrade from the standard one!

My home studio !

 2023-24, new pics I really like multiEfxs, you can see Digitech RP500, Zoom G5, Valeton GP200, Zoom G3Xn and a Behringer FCB1010 midi con...