26/11/08

Mixer Consoles, floor setup and piano


The EURODESK SL2442FX-PRO is used for the home studio, producing the main mix and feeding signal to a WORK power amp, which gives output to 4 speakers, two (left-right) for the drummer (Squier 15”) and two (left-right) for the rest of us (Behringer B1520). The drummer also has two speakers on the floor, which play only the sound of the drums.







Here is a photo of the floor, mainly with Behringer V-amps for bass or guitar.




The V-amp 2 is my main floor pre-amp, along with Behringer FCB1010 midi controller. You can also connect it's Up-Down footcontroller simultaneously. I also have the Behringer Acoustic Modeller (right) which turns your electric to a very convincing acoustic!





The Behringer GI-100 active DI is a very important part of my studio and live sound. It takes the unbalanced signal from the V-ampII and transforms it into balanced with cabinet simulation also! I do not press any of the two PAD buttons, I just turn the V-amp almost at half the volume. I mainly connect it directly to the PA console and I like the result very much. Also, when we play support to other bands, it is very convenient not to mess with the guitarist's amp. One guy's sound is another one's nightmare, so I don't go through the sound engineer's amp (and if I do, I use it only for my monitor), I always use my V-ampII with the red DI and the result is a very good tone in an instant! Another advantage of this method is that my sound is always consistent and it's not depended on the sound engineer's amp or the mic, or the stage (yes, the mics do get sounds from the stage floor, and this can be very annoying).

Check my band's blog here http://eleftheriptosi.blogspot.com/ (in Greek), you will se that I have played from very small clubs to very large setups, so I have gathered a lot of experience (and faced a lot of problems!!!). Since 2005, the V-ampII with the GI-100, solved a lot of them and gave me a good, clear, consistent tone, with great ease of use.



The Yamaha Clavinova electric piano is another part of my home studio. It is one of the simpler models, with 10 sounds. The feel of the keys is excellent, in my opinion. You can see an old Sony speaker with 15" woofer, two tweeters and two mid-range drivers, which does the playback in recordings. There is another one to the drummer's left side.







I must note that every cable in my home studio is hand made by me and then polymeter-tested! The same goes for the cables we use live.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

My home studio !

 2023-24, new pics I really like multiEfxs, you can see Digitech RP500, Zoom G5, Valeton GP200, Zoom G3Xn and a Behringer FCB1010 midi con...